EDCI 338 Blogs

Hello friends πŸ‘‹πŸ»,

Welcome to my EDCI 338 blog, where I will be documenting my learning journey over this Social Media and Personalized Learning course. Thanks for stopping by, and stay tuned for more posts to come!

• Blog #1 – Social Media, Digital Literacy and Motivation πŸ’₯

Hi everyone! I’m Julia Hoang, a 3/4th year Computer Science student, and I’ll be graduating by the end of this summer. Aside from my major, I’m really into learning about business. Instead of pursuing a Business minor, I find it much more fun to learn through YouTube, Instagram, and other online platforms. That’s why I’m […]

Click to read more πŸ‘€

• Blog #2 – Digital Identity πŸͺͺ

Hey everyone! This week, I’ll discuss the concept of digital identity, analyze the difference between personal and professional online images, and how we can manage our online presence effectively.

Click to read more πŸ‘€

• Blog #3 – Tech Learning Communities on Youtube and Discord 🎧

Photo by Alexander Shatov on Unsplash Hi everyone,  In this blog, I’ll introduce you to my Personal Learning Network (PLN) and explore the topic of tech solopreneurs developing micro-SaaS (micro software-as-a-service). Micro-SaaS are essentially small apps solving one or two problems, making them ideal for solo developers. This is one way that software engineers can […]

Click to read more πŸ‘€

• Response #1 to Rose’s Blog 2 πŸ’¬

Hi Rose, Thank you for highlighting the serious issue of deep fakes and impersonating social media accounts in this blog post. The potential impacts of these attacks can be extremely harmful! Some celebrities already became victims of deepfake videos meant to defame them. A friend of mine experienced a phishing call where the caller’s voice […]

Click to read more πŸ‘€

• Response #2 to Khushboo’s Blog 2 πŸ’¬

Hi Khushboo, Thank you for sharing insightful tips on maintaining a clean digital footprint. Your advice is a great reminder for me to review and clean up my Instagram follower list to enhance my privacy! I completely agree with your point about being cautious with personal social media accounts to avoid compromising our professional image. […]

Click to read more πŸ‘€

• Response #3 to Isabella’s Blog 2 πŸ’¬

Hi Isabella, Thanks for your post on digital identities. Your mention of using formal language on LinkedIn reminds me of all the commonly seen posts that start with β€œI’m happy to announce that…” on the platform. It’s interesting how many people seemingly lose their unique voices when they start posting on LinkedIn, sometimes resulting in […]

Click to read more πŸ‘€

• Blog #4 – Building a Diverse and Inclusive PLN ❣️

Hi everyone! In this blog, we’ll discuss the importance and benefits of having a diverse and inclusive personal learning network (PLN), as well as ways to ensure that our PLNs reflect these important aspects.

Click to read more πŸ‘€

• Blog #5 – Share To Grow Our PLNs 🀝

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ on Unsplash Hi everyone, This week, let’s discuss how we can supercharge our personal learning network (PLN). I’ll share tips on using your PLN for growth, creating a supportive environment, expanding your network, and actively engaging with the community. Using Your PLN for Growth Personally, I’ve found YouTube to […]

Click to read more πŸ‘€